Follow Ritual’s Guidelines
- Treat everyone respectfully - foster positive interactions between restaurants and customers. We expect our Partners and customers to behave appropriately and respectfully when ordering through the platform. When deliveries or pick ups are completed, personal space and privacy should be respected at all times.
- Follow the law - Ritual is committed to complying and following all applicable laws and we expect the same from all of our Partners. Do your part and adhere to your local government laws and regulations.
- Provide feedback and accurate information when following up with inquiries or customer feedback.
Ritual prohibits the use or display of the following menu items:
- Menu items and/or descriptions that include profanity or obscene language
- Anything disrespectful with regards to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, etc.
- Anything that promotes violence, criminal conduct or is sexual in nature
- Up-charged menu items that are not on par to in-store prices
- The sale of drugs and/or tobacco products
- Alcoholic beverages where local government regulations do not permit the sale of alcohol through online platforms, for delivery and/or takeout.
Prohibited items that violate Ritual’s Guidelines will be removed from your menu. Repetitive violations may be subject to removal from the platform and account deactivation.
Below are some best practices for using Menu Manager:
- Always review your menu and ensure spelling and grammar are correct and consistent throughout your menu. Menu brand standards vary from merchant to merchant, but spelling errors affect everyone the same.
Menu Item Images
- Including menu item images can convert orders by up to 15% for items with images compared to those without. For the best quality photos, see our guidelines in our Merchant Help Centre.
- Descriptions are especially helpful for new customers ordering from your restaurant. Listing ingredients, allergens, and dietary restrictions can be useful to customers when making their decision.
Include Add-Ons to Increase Cart Size
- Increase customer cart sizes by adding “Add A Side” or “Add A Drink” or “Make it a Combo” modifier groups to your menu. Allowing customers to only click through 1 menu item while selecting more items to purchase is an easy way to increase their order.
Set Prices to Match In-Store
- Kindly note that Ritual is an extension of the in-store experience so all prices on the platform must match in-store prices.
Menu items and modifiers that are up-charged or do not match in-store prices are prohibited on the Ritual platform. These items may be temporarily removed from your menu and may be subject to approval by Ritual as outlined in your merchant agreement.
Update Your Menu Regularly
- If you want to experiment with a new menu item, or often change your menu with the seasons, be sure to update your Ritual menu as well.
- Keeping your menu up to date will ensure that proper prices are being charged and that customers are able to enjoy your current menus.
Article is closed for comments.