Items is the second tab listed. This is where you create all the individual food and drink offerings on your menu.
How to create new items:
- Select Menu in Partner Portal.
- Click on the Items tab.
- Click the blue + New Item button and a pop-up will appear.
4. In the pop-up, input the following information:
- Item Title
- Item Description
- Category the item should belong to
- Internal Display Name** (optional)
- Preparation Type
- Add to Most Popular (if applicable)
- Upload an item Image (See Menu Image Management for more info).
9. Apply Modifier Groups (if applicable)
10. Set Item Availability
11. Click Save
12. To delete an item, select the Remove button (on the top right corner)
13. To organize items, use the Categories tab.
*Price field can be modified to display a number of different price structures (See: How do I set prices for more info):
- Item-level price
- Base price + upcharges
- Modifier price
** Internal Display Name
This optional field can be helpful for internal restaurant operations. You can include item menu numbers or specific titles that are important for your staff but not necessarily required for customers to see on your menu. For example, many Chinese restaurants have large menus that have menu numbers associated with menu items that employees are more familiar with - these numbers and item names can be added to this internal field.