Categories are groups that house your items and are used to structure your menu items (for example: Salads, Sandwiches, and Smoothies).
How to create a new Category:
- Select Menu in Partner Portal.
- Click on the Categories tab.
- Click the blue + New Category button and a pop-up will appear.
4. In the pop-up, under Category Title, input the category name.
5. Under Category Hours, the default will be Same as store hours. This means all items belonging to this category will be available from the store hours listed in Settings > Store Information > Operating Hours.
6. If the category is, for example, a lunch special that is only available on weekends, then select Specify special hours for this category. Sunday will be set as the default, which you can then edit as needed.
7. Select the days of the week the category is available on and enter the start and end hours for the day.
- Manually adjust the time or click on the clock icon and scroll up or down (don’t forget to adjust AM and PM where necessary!)
8. Click Save to confirm changes.
9. To edit the order of the categories, hover over the dots to the left of the category title until you see a hand icon. Click and hold, then drag the category to the desired order in your menu - once you unclick, the new category ordering will automatically save.