We know that beautiful food imagery is enticing and compels us to try new dishes and cuisines. Help bring customers into your restaurant by creating a beautiful browsing experience of the amazing food and drink you offer. In fact, menu images have a big impact on menu-view to order conversion (as high as +9%)! Your photography should provide a clear and accurate representation of your cuisine as well as a typical depiction of item portions and quality.
General Guidelines for Uploading Photos
- You own, or have permission to use any uploaded images. No images will be permitted that infringe on any copyright, trademark, or other legal property.
- Images are appropriate.
- Images accurately represent items, dishes, and cuisines that are being offered.
- There are no logos, trademarks, promotional materials, or any other graphical commercial content in the images.
- Ritual will work with partners to upload proper imagery but reserves the right to reject, or refuse images and photos that do not adequately meet the requirements.
- Technical criteria:
- Original Source Image (max size) - .bmp, .jpg, or .png format
- Recommended: 1500x1500px @150dpi (72dpi min)
- File Size Minimum: 200x200px
- File Size Maximum: 10 MB
- File Naming: Item_Restaurant.png
Tips & Tricks for Great Photos
- Background: Take photos on a neutral background, such as a white cloth or wooden table
- Keep it simple: One dish or item at a time
- Framing: Frame your item so that the item or dish takes up 60%-70% of the photo
- Lighting: Choose good light, ideally natural lighting that is bright and warm
- Angles: Choose angles that show the most ingredients
- Overhead (i.e. top-down) angles are great for pizza, bowls, salads, etc.
- 45 degree angles are great for taller items such as burgers and smoothies.
- Consider cutting items like sandwiches and burgers to show customers more ingredients, if necessary.
- Things to avoid: people, hands, faces, or logos in the photos!
Examples of Awesome Photos